Business internships are short-term and practical, placements. Internships are more than just career stepping-stones for students - businesses stand to benefit in a variety of ways too.
- Interns can give companies a boost to productivity while injecting fresh perspectives into a workplace.
- Hosting an intern is an investment into an industry’s future and an opportunity for staff mentoring.
- Internships are 140 to 240 hours maximum (if they are unpaid).
- Employers need to remunerate interns for any additional hours worked.
- Internships are available to both postgraduate and undergraduate Business students.
- RMIT provides insurance to students for the duration of the internship.
Key Dates for Undergraduates 2018 - 2019
- Students placed are offered a variety of learning activities, experiences, approaches and strategies integrating academic theory with authentic real-world work experiences.
- With the guidance of an Academic Supervisor for the duration of their placement, students’ progress will be monitored and assessed by their Academic Supervisor to enhance their understanding and experience within the placement organisation.
As such, industry partners are required by law to comply with relevant industrial legislation, including Fair Work Act 2009, the National Employment Standards (NES) and the relevant occupational health and safety legislation in the relevant state. All information will be provided upon agreement between the organisation and RMIT.
Students who are placed as part of their degree are covered by RMIT’s insurance policies.
Testimonials from our partners
For more information on Postgraduate internships, please contact one of our team members.
Business Development Coordinator
Industry Engagement & WIL
+61 3 9925 5180
Read about some of our most successful WIL participants below:
Konrad Spilva - Isobar CEO
Konrad Spilva Bachelor or Business, Marketing (2000). He completed a ten-month full-time internship at Ford Australia in 2000.
Konrad is now the CEO of Isobar. Isobar is a global, full-service, digital marketing agency with over 4500 people in over 70 offices across more than 45 markets. Isobar transforms businesses and brands by creatively solving their clients’ business challenges in the digital age. Technology, design and customer experience are at the heart of what Isobar does.
Read Konrad's full profile here.
Mia Klitsas - Founder of Moxie
Mia Klitsas completed a Bachelor of Business Marketing (2004). She was then selected to complete a year-long internship at multi-national company Philip Morris in 2003. Mia worked with senior marketing management on the implementation of local and international (Asia Pacific) marketing programs/strategies relating to major brands such as Marlboro, Peter Jackson and Alpine. 'The experience gained at such an early stage in my career is what gave me the confidence and basic skill-set to allow me to be able to start my own business, in turn developing and launching my own products.'
Mia Klitsas is the Founder of Moxie-purse worthy personal care products which have re-designed feminine hygiene with convenience, quality and style in mind.
Read Mia's full profile here.